If you see ads or floating pop-up deals tagged as “Whilokii” when browsing sites such as eBay or Amazon, you probably have the Whilokii Adware installed on your computer. If you look in the Windows Task Manager, you might also see a process called updatewhilokii.exe. If you examine your system carefully you will also see Whilokiibho.dll loaded into Internet Explorer.
You probably came to my site looking for a removal guide for Whilokii, so here we go:
Whilokii Removal Guide
1. Open the Add/Remove programs dialog from the Windows Control Panel.
2. Search for Whilooki in the list and uninstall it.
Easy, wasn’t it? Please let me know this work out for you by posting a comment. If not, I’ll provide some alternative uninstall instructions.
Here are the detections results when I uploaded one of the Whilooki files to Virustotal:
- VIPRE Yontoo (fs)
- Kingsoft Win32.Troj.Generic.a.(kcloud)
- TrendMicro-HouseCall TROJ_GEN.F47V0927
- McAfee Artemis!BAD42B9D0F36
- McAfee-GW-Edition Artemis!BAD42B9D0F36
- DrWeb Adware.Plugin.100
- ESET-NOD32 a variant of MSIL/BrowseFox.A