egdpsvc.exe is bad news. Here are some of the detections when I uploaded the egdpsvc.exe file, which is signed by “Banyan Tree Technology Limited”:
- Kingsoft Win32.Troj.Generic.a.(kcloud)
- TrendMicro-HouseCall TROJ_GEN.F47V0729
- PCTools SecurityRisk.exqWebSearch
- Symantec exqWebSearch
- VIPRE Elex Installer (fs)
- McAfee Artemis!37C247EF437D
- ESET-NOD32 a variant of Win32/ELEX.M
egdpsvc.exe removal instructions
- Reboot your machine.
- While your computer is rebooting, tap F8. The Advanced Boot Options should appear.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight safe mode and press ENTER. The computer should now start in safe mode.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the folder where egdpsvc.exe is located.
- Delete egdpsvc.exe.
Did this solve your problem?